Questions or concerns?  Call City Hall 301-689-6000.  City Hall is open 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday.

Garbage Pickup and Recycling Services

Garbage collection is a service provided by the City and is paid for in the quarterly utility bills.  Garbage is collected on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, depending on your neighborhood. When a holiday occurs during one of the three collection days, the City  will collect the  solid waste for that portion of the City on either Monday or Friday.


Garbage may be placed at the curb or other designated location for pickup not before 8 pm the night before the set collection day and must be in place by 7 am on the set collection day. For any solid waste placed out for collection after the City truck has passed that address will not be collected until the following week and needs to be removed from the curb by the property owner or resident, or other designated location.


As of August 2013, an optional curbside recycling service is offered in Frostburg through Burgmeier's Hauling. Residents interested in the program will be invoiced directly by Burgmeier's. Contact Burgmeier's to sign up for service by calling 301-777-0416.


Community Center, City Place, Pavilion, and Pool Rentals

The Community Center, City Place, Frostburg's Pavilions & the Frostburg pool are all able to be reserved, subject to availability.


We hope that you take advantage of the opportunity to host your next event at one of these facilities here in Frostburg!


The fee schedule & the reservation form may be found on the Parks and Recreation page.

Permit Information

Permits are required for the following:


 - New Construction

 - Accessory Structures (sheds, garages, most swimming pools, fences, etc.)

 - Structural Alterations

 - Signs


 - Any Alteration to the Exterior of a Property within the Frostburg Historic District


 - Occupancy Permits are Required for New Businesses

 - Soliciting



- Burning Permits for burning of yard material - call the Allegany County Health Department at

(301) 759-5039 - bring a copy of Health Department Permit to City Hall to be issued a Frostburg Burning Permit.  The City of Frostburg Burning Permit is issued free of charge, but is required so that City Police and the Frostburg Fire Department are notified.  Burning permits are not required for small recreational bonfires.


Permit applications and more information is available on the Permits page.


Water and Sewer Service

Frostburg is privileged to provide over 12,000 residents of Western Allegany County with high-quality drinking water sourced from Piney Reservoir and Savage Mountain Springs and Wells.


The City is actively pursuing the elimination of the combined sewer and storm sewers in the City of Frostburg.  These efforts are mandated by the State of Maryland, and to date, over 50% of the City's sewers have been separated, and funded through various grants and the sewer surcharge. Utility rates can be viewed on the Finance Department Page.


2016 Drinking Water Quality Report


Water Protection Report 2016


      Water Protection Report Attachments 1-3

      Water Protection Report Attachments 4-5

      Water Protection Report Attachments 6-9

      Water Protection Report Attachments 10-12

Question or Suggestion?



City of Frostburg | 301-689-6000

59 E. Main Street | PO Box 440 | Frostburg, MD 21532

8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday